A couple of weeks ago (last year now) I was thrilled to receive a nomination for the “very inspiring blogger award” from Helene Parish, a very talented blogger and photographer whose blog LifeinFrame features her beautiful photos from her adventures and her home in Australia, a wonderful country which was also my home for a while.
Thank you Helene for your nomination and sharing your photos with us, I wish you all that you hope for in 2015!
Accepting this nomination requires me to state seven things about myself and nominate some other outstanding bloggers for the award.
So, here are seven random facts about me.
1) At the age of 15, I wanted to be a helicopter pilot. Sadly, my spectacular inability to figure out how to get a group of other 15 year olds across a swimming pool with wooden planks and oil drums killed that dream.
2) I once swallowed a very large fly whilst being interviewed on national TV in the outback near Mildura in Australia.
3) I know, from personal experience, that travelling face down on a conveyor belt into the heart of a coal mine in South Wales, during heavy rain, is quite frightening.
4) I once woke up in an ambulance after riding a slide into a pool of balls. The really sad part is that I was old enough to know better.
5) When young I was told that I looked like a child from a concentration camp, and that I would have to run around in the shower to get wet. My mother was very motivational.
5) I am very afraid of wasps.
6) I used to hide my little transistor radio under the blankets and listen to Radio Luxembourg and John Peel.
7) I mean well.
Having got all that off my chest I would like to nominate the following bloggers for this award. I am sure that many will already have been nominated, but please go and take a look anyway, you will not regret it. And after the list, the instructions for those who wish to accept the award.
Mara Eastern – Mara Eastern’s Personal Blog
Lucile de godoy – bridging lacunas
Justine – Eclectic odds n sods
Mitch Zeissler – Exploratorius
Desleyjane – musings of a frequent flying scientist
Amy Sampson – Playing with my first DSLR camera
Farmer Farthing – tales from an asylum keeper
Andy – acbistro
terissmile – my story by Teresa
Justine – it’s a lonely place
This has been a very special year, and I want to thank all those who have supported me through some difficult times, some of you know very well what I mean, others will have no idea, but in your own way each of you have made a difference.
And, finally, the guidance for those who wish to accept the nomination.
1. Thank the person who nominated you and add a link to their blog
2. Display the award on your post
3. List the award rules so your nominees will know what to do.
4. State 7 things about yourself
5. Nominate 15 other bloggers for the award