A couple of weeks ago (last year now) I was thrilled to receive a nomination for the “very inspiring blogger award” from Helene Parish, a very talented blogger and photographer whose blog LifeinFrame features her beautiful photos from her adventures and her home in Australia, a wonderful country which was also my home for a while.
Thank you Helene for your nomination and sharing your photos with us, I wish you all that you hope for in 2015!
Accepting this nomination requires me to state seven things about myself and nominate some other outstanding bloggers for the award.
So, here are seven random facts about me.
1) At the age of 15, I wanted to be a helicopter pilot. Sadly, my spectacular inability to figure out how to get a group of other 15 year olds across a swimming pool with wooden planks and oil drums killed that dream.
2) I once swallowed a very large fly whilst being interviewed on national TV in the outback near Mildura in Australia.
3) I know, from personal experience, that travelling face down on a conveyor belt into the heart of a coal mine in South Wales, during heavy rain, is quite frightening.
4) I once woke up in an ambulance after riding a slide into a pool of balls. The really sad part is that I was old enough to know better.
5) When young I was told that I looked like a child from a concentration camp, and that I would have to run around in the shower to get wet. My mother was very motivational.
5) I am very afraid of wasps.
6) I used to hide my little transistor radio under the blankets and listen to Radio Luxembourg and John Peel.
7) I mean well (and clearly can’t count and / or need a good proof reader)
Having got all that off my chest I would like to nominate the following bloggers for this award. I am sure that many will already have been nominated, but please go and take a look anyway, you will not regret it. And after the list, the instructions for those who wish to accept the award.
Mara Eastern – Mara Eastern’s Personal Blog
Lucile de godoy – bridging lacunas
Justine – Eclectic odds n sods
Mitch Zeilssler – Exploratorius
Desleyjane – musings of a frequent flying scientist
Amy Sampson – Playing with my first DSLR camera
Farmer Farthing – tales from an asylum keeper
Andy – acbistro
terissmile – my story by Teresa
John – Life, photography and other mistakes
Justine – it’s a lonely place
This has been a very special year, and I want to thank all those who have supported me through some difficult times, some of you know very well what I mean, others will have no idea, but in your own way each of you have made a difference.
And, finally, the guidance for those who wish to accept the nomination.
1. Thank the person who nominated you and add a link to their blog
2. Display the award on your post
3. List the award rules so your nominees will know what to do.
4. State 7 things about yourself
5. Nominate 15 other bloggers for the award
30 thoughts on “very inspiring blogger award”
#5, #6, #7–yes, yes and yes!! I hope 2015 is good to you, Andy. I so love your fabulous photography and wonderful quotes. The award is very well deserved. Best wishes to you.
Thank you so much and the very same to you!
Thanks for the nomination, Andy. I’m very flattered to be on this list. Let me think on this for a while. If I can figure out a way to do this in photos, I’ll put it on my “playing with my first DSLR camera” blog. If not, can I post it on another blog and just link to it from my photo blog? I’ve been finding myself in a position where there’s stuff I’d love to post that just doesn’t fit with my photo blog, so I’m starting a second one.
Congrats on your nomination. You are indeed a very inspiring blogger!
Thank you, and yes please use on another blog! I know what you mean, I have two blogs, one about Belgrade and the other about Belgium, and am planning another that is more me and less about my temporary geographical position
You are not only inspiring but hilarious. Except number five. Too bad about the wasps too, I am scared of all insects, hence I sympathise. Thank you very much for your nomination. I have been nominated before, but coming by you, it means a lot.
Thank you Mara, and the only way to deal with five is by laughing (retrospectively) in the face of adversity.
Resistance, is not useless.
Yes. Sometimes resistance is not futile.
As we know.
I neither deny nor confirm.
I will comfirm then.
Good. I’ll second that then.
As the song says. Love is our resistance.
I’ll second that for the second time. Though I don’t even make sense.
Makes sense to me…
By the way, here is my response to the nomination for this award when I was nominated for the first time: http://maraeastern.com/awards/very-inspiring-blogger-award/.
The answers are very encouraging and not at all surprising…
Well, that’s a shame that I’m so boring unsurprising…
That is the very last thing you are.
We’ll see yet.
Imagine the look *mouth open* *hanging jaw*, when I logged in today ! Ufffff ……Andy !! I am a newborn in this blogging world. Thank you so much for the nomination ❤
Being nominated by you means I must be doing something correctly in all that mess 😉
Hugs to you !!
It was great to meet you as part of #photo101 and your nomination was well deserved, and all that delicious food itself is mouth wateringly inspirational! Have a great day…
thank you 🙂 the feeling is mutual 😀
well-deserved award ! Happy New Year and Happy shooting, writing, living, enjoying it all! Cheers!
Thank you and Happy New Year to you, have a great 2015!!
Thanks for the nomination Andy!
Richly deserved, have a great day!
Congratulations! Most well-deserved, that’s fantastic!
Oh Andy, thank you, this is an honour.
And I love that you swallowed a fly here in Australia!
Nutritious but a little alarming!
Oh, and thank you!!